PELVIC FLOOR REHABILITATION PROGRAM
The Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Program at includes treatment for men and women with urinary or fecal incontinence, urgency/frequency of urination, and/or pain in the pelvic region.
Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Program at Care2Cure
The Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Program at includes treatment for men and women with urinary or fecal incontinence, urgency/frequency of urination, and/or pain in the pelvic region. This includes: pain in the abdominals, buttocks, pelvic floor, tailbone, vagina, rectum, penis or testicles. The pelvic floor muscles may become weak, tight or spastic as a result of disuse, surgery or trauma. Physical therapists at the Clinic are specially trained to rehabilitate the pelvic floor muscles. The therapist evaluates each individual and develops a plan of care.
SOME WOMEN DEVELOP
- increased tension in pelvic floor muscles causing pain
- vaginal pain with intercourse, tampon use or annual Ob/Gyn check-ups
- incontinence of urine or feces.
SOME MEN DEVELOP :
- chronic genital or groin pain
- frequent urination
- burning with urination (diagnosed as chronic prostatitis)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What does pelvic pain and incontinence rehabilitation involve?individual and develops a plan of care.
Ans : Evaluation and Non-Surgical Treatment:
- flexibility and strength assessment
- pelvic floor muscle surface EMG (or biofeedback)
- pelvic area internal and external muscle assessment and treatment
- postural exercises
- myofascial release
- relaxation techniques and diaphragmatic breathing
- development of an individualized home exercise program
Q. How long will pelvic pain and incontinence rehabilitation take?
Ans : The plan of care is developed specifically to the individual’s needs and goals defined by the patient and evaluating therapist.
Q. Who is pelvic pain and incontinence rehabilitation for?
Ans : Many people, regardless of gender, experience pain or incontinence of urine or stool during their lifetime.