Having a hard time figuring out how to squat properly? Squatting is a movement that is done in everyday life from getting in and out of chairs, to picking things up oﬀ the ground. You may not even realize how much you squat throughout the day… but why not do it right?
Start body weight first, once you feel confident that you have the movement down properly you can increase resistance by adding weights.
– Stand with feet a little wider than hip width, toes facing front.
– Drive your hips back—bending at the knees and ankles and pressing your knees slightly open.
– Sit into a squat position while still keeping your heels and toes on the ground, chest up and shoulders back.
– Strive to eventually reach parallel, meaning knees are bent to a 90-degree angle.
– Press into your heels and straighten legs to return to a standing upright position.
Here are some reasons you should squat:
– Builds muscles
– Shapes your butt and abs
– Tones leg muscles
– Improves digestion
– Improves balance and mobility
View this post on Instagram
Ask us any question or get a consultation now.
CALL: 613-695-7733(Prince) / 613-440-6600(Barrhaven)
We care for your cure.