What is neurological rehabilitation?
Medically, neurological rehabilitation is a program that finds application for patients, who suffer from diseases, injury, or disorders of the nervous system. In most cases, neurological rehabilitation improves functionality, reduce symptoms, and improve well-being.
What is the principle behind neurological rehabilitation?
One of the major principles of neurological rehabilitation is to optimize the patient’s participation in society and get them a feeling of well-being. During this process, the focus is to bring a lifestyle change for the patient through therapeutic exercises and balanced activities.
What conditions can benefit from neurological rehabilitation?
The most recurrent conditions that require neurological rehabilitation includes:
- Muscle weakness with an abnormality in muscle tone
- Pain in the joints and difficulty in walking and take on other daily activities.
- Difficulty in speaking and swallowing
- Affliction in thinking, memory, and problem solving
- Rupture in vision or eye-hand coordination
- Joint Injuries
The neurological rehabilitation process
The goal of neuro rehabilitation exercises is to help return to the usual level of functionality. For that, there is the availability of various rehab programs sessions. Let us summarize some of the activities that professionals include in the programs.
- Training sessions on daily activities that include various housekeeping activities.
- Training session for stress, and depression management
- Bladder and bowel retraining
- Various physical activities to improve muscle mobility and gait balancing
- Social and behavioral skills retraining
- Nutritional counseling
- Training session to improve cognitive impairments.
The neurological rehabilitation training programs
Being a part of the neuro rehabilitation exercises, gait training focuses on strategies for activities like walking at a flair. The treatment session to re-train gait focus are:
- To improve and prevent injuries
- Develop gait strategies to increase body balance and speed of walking
- Adoption of innovation strategies to adapt various walking surfaces
Neuro rehabilitation exercises focus on creating the inner stamina for the patients to be able to do more activities, independently. As a result, this makes the person happier and healthier, and therefore increase their quality of life.
Generally, old age is the vital cause to lose balance while walking. More often, this loss results in loss of body balance that causes patients to fall and break arms, legs, hips, or their back. On the flip side, this might be the case with someone who has met with any sort of accident. As a result, immobility leads to an additional health issue. Furthermore, the outcome is a poor quality of life.
In addition, some of the medical conditions that lead to balance issues are:
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Traumatic Brain Injury
The perfect neurological rehabilitation hub helps patients with various rehabilitation exercises that include stretching, strengthening, walking exercises.
Are you the one who is showing up with the recurrent symptoms for neurological rehabilitation? If you have a brace or wheelchair that is in disrepair and needs to be re-evaluated, our experts at Care2Cure Physiotherapy are at your service. Talk to us and let us know what’s the real difficulty. Based on the specific case study, we will create a program to increase individual steadiness.