Hip flexors are a set of muscles near the top of your thighs that play an important role in the lower-body movement. You can walk, kick, bend, and twist your hips with them. Your hip flexors might stretch or rip if your muscles are overly tight.
Try this hip ﬂexor stretch. Often this exercise is performed while missing a crucial first step, tucking the bum under and ﬂattening the front of the hips! This is an essential movement that will maximize the eﬀectiveness of this stretch.
Key points to remember:
– Keep the hips squared and facing forward
– Tuck the bum under to elongate the front of the hips
– Lean forward while keeping the hips squared and tucked under Avoid:
– Letting the back arch in order to lean forward more
– Letting the hips hinge backward
– Letting the back hip open to the side
Have something to hold onto, such as a wall, to help with balance and allow to relax more into the stretch. If you are looking to add a quad stretch in, you can bend the back leg and grab it with the same arm. Give this hip stretch a try and increase your ﬂexibility. Happy moving!
Our team of qualified physiotherapists is here to heal your pain and improve your moment.
For appointments, call: 613-695-7733 (Prince of Wales) / 613-440-6600 (Barrhaven) or email us at Info@care2curephysiotherapy.