What is a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) Rehabilitation?
At times, when people undergo the unfortunate event of vehicular accidents, the experience is often horrible. The reminiscence of the effect of the physical injury, sometimes, lingers over the general mental health. More so, it calls for a special rehabilitation program: Motor vehicle accident treatment and rehabilitation session for a fast recovery.
The specialized program helps to recover from the wide array of physical injuries and cognitive deficits.
Generally, car accidents rehabilitation calls for an in-depth evaluation to find the route cause behind the accident that led to the injury. There are several professionals involved— Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Chiropractors, Massage Therapists, and Kinesiologists.
After a couple of sessions, we come up with a treatment plan that addresses the individual situation. Our assessments are based on day to day activity records, workplace demands, and other restriction.
At care2cure physiotherapy and rehab centre, our Motor vehicle accident treatment and rehabilitation session include:
- Whiplash/Neck Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Muscle and Ligament Sprains and Strains
- Post-Op/Post-Cast Rehab
- Muscle tears and Tendinitis
- Cognitive Impairment
What to expect from the rehabilitation program?
The initial step for the Motor vehicle accident treatment and rehabilitation procedure includes consultation with our experts. A physiotherapist will put you some questionnaire to identify the underlying issues. After a deep evaluation, we will formulate a treatment plan as a part of the car accidents rehabilitation process.
Based on that, our physiotherapists will put recommendations depending on the symptoms. The array of recommendation include:
- Practicing functional exercises for mobility.
- At worst case, we could use laser therapy to electrical stim to control the pain and promote healing
- As a part of Motor vehicle accident treatment and rehabilitation program, we organize massage session for efficient muscle healing.
- We use occupational therapy (OT) to determine cognitive deficits that address any barrier to recovery.
- To judge post head trauma/concussions effects, we could also use OT to perform cognitive assessments
- A session of concussion management follows the motor vehicle accident treatment and rehabilitation procedure to address any symptoms. This could include dizziness, nausea, light sensitivity, sound sensitivity, cognitive deficits and neck pain.
- For further betterment, we use Acupuncture/Dry Needling to treat pain and muscle trigger points that are common after the trauma of an MVA.
- One of the vital parts in car accidents rehabilitation session, we organize Kinesiology sessions to improve limitations in strength, flexibility and overall conditioning. This helps to return to normal life.
- Manual therapy to restore proper joint mobility in the spine and other joints that are often affected by an MVA.
- Bracing might be the need of the hour depending on the extent of the injuries. The Physiotherapist recommends the fit for bracing on-site and includes them in the overall treatment plan.
Most importantly, communication with the insurance adjuster, attending physician, and other involved healthcare professionals is essential.
Care2cure physiotherapy and rehab centre provides adequate support for the phase through the motor vehicle accident treatment and rehabilitation program. We have all the essentials that help the client to concentrate on their recovery and return to normal function.
For specific situation analysis, pay a visit to our center for a talk. We ensure result for your betterment.