A dead bug is an abdominal exercise that involves moving your opposite arm and leg in tandem while lying on your back.
The dead bug exercise is a great way to strengthen your core and test your dynamic stability.
The move works your:
- Rectus abdominis muscle(your ‘six pack’ muscles)
- Transverse abdominal (deep core),
- Lower back
- Obliques (sides)
Follow these simple instructions on how to properly perform this exercise with proper form to maximally and efficiently stress your core muscles.
View this post on Instagram
Key points to remember:
– Draw the belly button towards the spine and ﬂatten the back on the bed
– Keep the head ﬂat on the bed
– Roll the ribs down to further activate the core
– Slowly drop opposite arm and leg
– Be sure to only go as far as you can while maintaining the back on the bed and the ribs rolled under
– Letting the back arch
– Lifting the head oﬀ the bed
– Moving too quickly
This is an extremely challenging exercise when done properly, but if you’re looking to further challenge yourself you can hold a weight in each hand while completing the exercise. Give this exercise a try and feel your core getting stronger! Happy moving!
Our team of qualified physiotherapists is here to heal your pain and improve your moment.
We care to cure.