The bent-over row is a great exercise that works the upper to mid-back. Making these muscles stronger can help improve posture and dynamic scapular stability. Your back muscles are the primary beneficiaries of the bent-over row, and as they increase in strength your posture will also improve so you don’t slump as much.
Follow these simple instructions on how to properly perform this exercise.
The key points to remember:
– Have the opposite arm and knee supported on a bench or low table
– Keep the neck and spine in a neutral position with the shoulders level throughout the movement
– Draw the belly button in to activate the core
– Use the back muscles to help draw the elbow up and back Avoid:
– Letting the shoulder or the back twist
– Straining the neck by lifting the head of tucking the chin in
– Letting the back arch
– Using the arm muscles to lift instead of the back muscles
Try this exercise body weight, and when you feel comfortable with your form you can add some resistance by holding a weight or pulling a resistance band. Happy moving!
View this post on Instagram
Our team of qualified physiotherapists is here to heal your pain and improve your moment.
For appointments, call: 613-695-7733 (Prince of Wales) / 613-440-6600 (Barrhaven) or email us at Info@care2curephysiotherapy.
One thought on “Master The Bent Over Row Exercise”