The welfare of sports outstrips the probability of injuries. However, it’s a world where occasional injuries do happen. In a not so possible perfect world, medications don’t produce side effects, operations are successful, and the best movie wins the Oscar. However, injuries respond nicely to a revival with a great sports rehabilitation session.
At Care2Cure, our physiotherapists study the case history to understand the root cause.
What are common sports injuries?
Let us brief you the various forms of injuries:
- Muscle Strain: Known as “muscle stretch”, this affects the quadriceps, calves, quadriceps, lower back, and the shoulder. However, proper rest with ice compression provides temporary relief. At, Care2Cure, we have proficient sports physiotherapists for a fast recovery.
- Torn ACL: Anterior cruciate ligament that connects the knee joints, if dislocated, restricts the footslog. It requires a surgical maneuver followed by sports rehabilitation sessions for recovery.
- Torn MCL: Another form of a knee injury, which results due to malfunctioning of the medial collateral ligament. The sports injuries treatment includes ice compressions and other techniques under watchful eyes to recover.
- Shin Splits: Common during sprints, the inside area of the leg gets affected. Athletes having flat feet are sensitive to shin splits.
- Tennis Elbow: Prominent among the cricketers, this injury affects the tendons located on the outside of the elbows. Generally, rest and anti-inflammatory medicine make up the healing process.
- Achilles tendonitis: The scenario includes inflammation of the lower back of the leg just above the heel. The sports injuries treatment comprises ice stretching and anti-inflammatory medicine.
- Sprained Ankle: Overstretched joint ligament gives a sprained ankles. The reasons include incorrect stepping or stepping on an uneven surface.
What causes sports injuries?
Sports and regular injuries are heterogeneous. The sports injuries are more prominent with a species of athletes – the weekend athletes. A sedentary workweek, followed by a sudden physical weekend exploits the muscles. As a result, it takes a toll on the bodies as injury.
How to know if you have an injury?
First thing first, you need to be aware of the injury occurrence. The symptoms are:
- Having immediate pain
- Tenderness and swelling of the affected area
- Restricted movement or stiffness
Besides, some of the symptoms may show up after several hours of playing sports.
As a part of the sports injuries treatment, the therapists develop customized sports rehabilitation strategies to alleviate the affected area. The rest period spans about 48 to 72 hours to prevent further damage.
How does a Sports Physiotherapist treat an injury?
In the sports rehabilitation method, physiotherapists assess the risk of injury using case histories. The focus is on reducing the occurrence and recurrence of specific injuries.
Under this sports injury treatment technique, physiotherapists leverage clinical reasoning and therapeutic skills to assess and diagnose sports-related injuries.
At Care2Cure, physiotherapists design, implement, evaluate and modify evidence-based interventions. The sports rehabilitation session aims for a safe return to the athlete’s optimal level of performance in their specific sport or physical activity
Promotion of Fair Play and Anti-Doping Practices
The physiotherapist develops the attitude among athletes to promote safe, professional, and ethical sporting practices. They advocate for the abiding by the code of conduct of Doping.
Care2Care Rehab Centre has established the physiotherapy and sports clinic which aims to assist with the early assessment and management of acute sports injuries.
We have sports physiotherapists with all the good qualities that are beneficial for athletes and recovery.
Get in touch if you experience the symptoms.